CEREC Same-Day Crowns Near You
A dental crown is a custom-designed “cap” that mimics your tooth’s exact size and structure. It’s put in place to cover and protect a damaged tooth, restoring the tooth’s shape, strength, appearance, and size.
Same-day dental crowns in San Diego serve the same purpose as lab-fabricated crowns, but can actually be designed, created, and fitted in just a single appointment.
Scripps West Dental uses state-of-the-art Chairside Economic Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics (CEREC) technology to repair and restore damaged teeth in the most efficient, practical way.
What Are CEREC Same-Day Crowns?
The CEREC crown procedure uses computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) to perform the entire dental crown process in just one appointment.
When you visit Scripps West Dental for same-day dentistry in San Diego, here’s what you can expect:
- The team will use an intraoral scanner to take pictures of your teeth, creating a digital impression
- The digital impression file is sent to the CAD/CAM software machine in our office to create a digital tooth restoration “map”
- The tooth restoration “map” is sent to the CEREC milling machine which then mills the new crown from a block of medical-grade porcelain – all in less than 15 minutes!
- Your dentist polishes, prepares, and permanently places the crown onto your tooth
The entire process is quick, efficient, and simple.
Are You a Candidate for CEREC Same- Day Dental Crowns in San Diego?
Your Dentist at Scripps West Dental may recommend a same-day crown if you are experiencing any of these dental problems:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Discoloration that doesn’t respond to whitening
- Misshaped teeth
- Severely decayed or damaged teeth
- Uneven bite as a result of grinding your teeth
As long as your remaining healthy tooth structure can still support a restoration, a same-day dental crown might be the best way to achieve stunning results.
Benefits of CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns Near You
Thanks to advanced CEREC technology, the team at Scripps West Dental is proud to help patients enjoy these benefits when receiving a same-day crown:
Rapid Results: Your damaged tooth can be fully restored within two hours with no need for temporary restorations or follow-up visits.
Customization. Every CEREC crown is customized precisely to your individual tooth to preserve natural enamel.
Lower Treatment Costs: Same-day crowns inherently reduce the need for multiple visits and temporary crowns, saving you time and money.
Natural Aesthetics: The Scripps West Dental team will carefully select the shade of porcelain that best matches your smile, mimicking your enamel’s natural appearance – right down to its sheen and translucency.
Comfort and Precision: Digital technology provides easy 3D imaging with predictable, accurate results.
Ultimately, CEREC same-day dental crowns create beautiful and customized restorations that last for years.